WHAT ARE THE AQUACULTURE?
1. What is the Aquaculture?
– Aquaculture (Aquaculture) trains Aquaculture Engineers capable of organizing production and operating (i) hatchery and rearing farms for aquatic animals and plants both in fresh, brackish and salt water ; or (ii) a seafood processing, trading and service establishment.
2. What knowledge and skills does the Aquaculture train?
– Aquaculture will equip learners with specialized knowledge and necessary skills such as designing, organizing and managing aquaculture activities, participating in researches and improving technology to create new products, serving domestic and foreign markets; technical advice on planning for sustainable aquaculture development; providing services and transferring aquaculture technology
3. Typical specialized subjects?
Subjects on techniques for breeding and raising freshwater and saltwater aquatic species, nutrition, genetics and breeding of aquatic species, processes for raising natural food…, assessment and management water quality, and disease management.
4. Application of Aquaculture to life?
Research on application of advanced technology to improve productivity and efficiency of farming models; Research on nutrition requirement and feed formulations of important aquaculture species.
5. Career development opportunities of the aquaculture industry in the future?
Job opportunities for students are 100% after graduation, specifically the fields that students can do after graduation:
– Technical staff to manage aquaculture areas of companies (Viet Australia, Nam Viet, Agifish, Bim Group, Cuu Long, Hoang Long, Viet Thang, Vinh Hoan……)
– Sales staff for domestic and foreign companies of medicine, feed, seed production, etc
– Open your own farms, companies or work in hatcheries farms
– Technicians in company laboratories / farming areas / research centers
– Officials at local goverment/institutes/universities, colleges…
Continue studying for a master’s degree in Vietnam and abroad
6. Why should you choose to study Aquaculture at An Giang University?
– The aquaculture cirriculum program at AGU is always renewed and updated regularly, to meet market needs, as well as to respond to the changes in the 4.0 digital period.
– Aquaculture will equip learners with specialized knowledge and necessary skills such as designing, organizing and managing aquaculture activities, participating in research and improving technology to create new products. serving domestic and foreign markets; technical advice on planning for sustainable aquaculture development; providing services and transferring aquaculture technology
– At AGU, there is a system of modern laboratories and experimental farms to fully meet the needs of teaching and learning. During the course of study, learners will participate in practical internships and forge careers at large hatcheries and farms.
– Furthermore, the degree is awarded by Vietnam national University (VNU) by AGU under the VNU system.
– Tuition fees at An Giang University are lower than other schools
– According to experts analyzing human resources, the aquaculture is developing strongly with a large demand for human resources. Therefore, this is also an ideal field of study chosen by many candidates, having 100% jobs after graduation.
7. What qualities are suitable for study aquaculture?
To be able to study Aquaculture, students need to have some of the following qualities:
– Love nature and environment;
– Sensitivity and harmony with nature
– Likes to take care of animals and plants;
– Ability to remember the names and classification of plants and animals;
– Likes outdoor activities
– Collect or study different aspects of nature;
– Enjoy watching programs, information about the natural world;
8. What combinations of subjects are considered for the Aquaculture?
A00, B00, D01, D10